Savory, filling, and deceptively low-calorie, these beautiful and tasty savory fall breakfast bowls are everything you need to get a cold hard-working morning off to a good start!
Breakfast makes the day for me. Most of the breakfasts I post around here are hearty, protein-filled, and flavorful. This delicious breakfast bowl is no exception.
It looks like it should be a lot, doesn’t it? But when you break it down, it really isn’t much in the way of calories, though it’s a lot in the way of filling! Diced and oven roasted sweet potatoes, sauateed onions, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed peppers, and a little bit of goat cheese and seasoning to round it all out, and throw in some spinach and you have an absolutely healthy and delicious breakfast bowl to serve up at all your family gatherings!
So here’s how you make this delicious dish!
And just in case you want to use my recipe, here is what I do for my herby roasted sweet potatoes!
Savory Fall Breakfast Bowl
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cups herby roasted sweet potatoes (see link above)
- 4 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- goat cheese crumbled, to taste
- thyme finely chopped
- parsley finely chopped
- Set a small skillet over medium heat and heat the olive oil until it shimmers. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the spinach, onion, and red bell pepper and cook until they're all softened, or about 3-4 minutes.
- Cook your eggs to your preference (I prefer soft boiled but you can also use fried, scrambled, or hard boiled).
- Combine the roasted sweet potatoes, sauteed onions and peppers, spinach, mushrooms, and egg in a bowl, Season with salt and pepper to taste, and crumble goat or feta cheese over the top of the bowl. Enjoy!
Hope this brings a great start to your day!