Apples, brie, and honey are a wonderful combination on your winter cheese plate, but add them to lightly seasoned chicken tenderloins, wrap them in thick crusty bread, and throw them on a panini press, and they’re bliss in sandwich form!
Sandwiches aren’t the easiest thing to photograph, so I’ve been honesty avoiding making these. However, they’re too good – and too easy – not to share.
Apples and brie are kind of a no-brainer combo, but you don’t always think of chicken having a place in that mix. But all kinds of magic is possible when you bring them together. Chicken stuffed with apples, brie, and walnuts. An easy charcuterie spread. And these amazing sandwiches.
Paninis are also a great trick for making seemingly simple ingredients look elegant and taste delicious. There’s something magic about putting a bunch of things, especially when there’s some melty gooey cheese in the mix, between a couple slices of crusty bread and grilling them.
So I keep this combo at the ready when I need something quick, easy, and delicious!
Grill up some chicken tenderloins on your tabletop grill, slice them thinly, and combine with the above ingredients to your liking – sliced apples, fresh winter greens, sweet honey, and brie!
And while you’re waiting for the chicken to grill and for your sandwiches to press, you can make a pretty handy cheeseboard for snacking!
Although I had this one mostly to myself. My husband and son were all about the apples and the sandwiches, but neither are particular fans of brie on its own. More for me!
Chicken Apple Brie Panini Sandwich
- February 20, 2020
- 15 min
- Print this
- 2 crusty sandwich rolls, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 6 chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz brie, sliced
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Step 1
- Lightly season the chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper to your liking. Grill the chicken tenderloins on your tabletop grill until they reach an internal temperature of 165F, or about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Step 2
- Heat your panini press to medium-high.
- Step 3
- Lightly brush each half of the cut rolls with olive oil or melted butter and toast on the panini press, cut side down, until the bread is starting to crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Step 4
- Slice the chicken tenders thinly and cover the lower half of each sliced roll with sliced chicken. Top with brie and apple slices. Drizzle with honey, add the baby arugula, and close the sandwich.
- Step 5
- Open the panini press, carefully place each sandwich, and close the lid. Grill for 5-7 minutes, or until the brie is melting and the bread is golden-brown.
- Step 6
- Serve alongside apple slices and more greens drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
You’ve gotta love paninis – easy enough for a weeknight, elegant enough for entertaining!